Sunday, July 4, 2010

Deepika: I grew up watching Adi, Karan, Yash Raj films


Deepika Padukone may be doing different kinds of films currently. This year itself she has had a psychological thriller (KARTHIK CALLING KARTHIK) and a comedy (HOUSEFULL) to her credit with an action entertainer (LAFANGEY PARINDEY), a musical love story BREAK KE BAAD) and period drama (KHELEIN HUM JEE JAAN SEY) arriving before end of year. However, it is the genre of 'feel good' films that she truly loved during her growing up years.

download LAFANGEY PARINDEY wallpapers



When questioned about the kind of genre that interests her most as an audience, Deepika said, 'I grew up watching films by the likes of Adi (Aditya Chopra), Karan Johar and Yash Chopra. These are the kind of films that I really loved. Then when I grew a little older, there were films like DIL CHAHTA HAI which I really loved. Cinema had started changing and accordingly the taste also changed.'

Watching feel good or cool films isn't something which is restricted only to Deepika. Her parents too share a similar mindset, as revealed by Deepika. 'My mother always says that there is anyway so much tension in one's life with a lot of things happening all around you, so why not watch a film which makes you feel good. With my family, I have loved watching films that had no killings or murders happening.'

However, when it comes to picking roles, she is not restricting herself to only those films that personally interest her most as an audience. 'I would not combine the two,' she smiles, 'I won't say that I will do only those films which I personally love to watch. If I do that, I will only end up getting restricted and slotted.'

No comments:

Post a Comment