Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Samsung?s new unbreakable AMOLED screen vs hammer.






It doesn?t take much to break a phone screen. I know plenty of people ? and I?m sure you do, too ? with the tell-tale mark of a dropped phone dividing their screens into so many pieces of shame. Samsung feel your pain, fear, and shame, and want to do something to help you out.

Samsung have created an ?unbreakable? AMOLED (the source suggests that it isn?t of the ?super? variety, unfortunately) invinci-screen that should be in mass production by 2012.

I?m sure you hear ?unbreakable? bandied about all the time, so I think you should watch the demonstration video where they put the screen up against a hammer. Lucky for you, I?ve embedded it for you below.

If you?ve ever had to replace a screen in any of your handheld devices, you?ll know (or at least have read the warnings) how fragile they are. This new screen is clearly an improvement. I can?t tell you the amount of times I?ve accidentally whacked my new TFT with a hammer. Countless.

However, I?m not sure if this new screen includes the all-important (and just as breakable) digitiser. The digitiser is the panel that sits in front of the display, and translates your touch into input for your phone. It?s the bit that usually breaks first when you drop your phone, so I really hope that this new technology fixes that problem, too.

2 comments:

  1. Juul Pods Australia Wide.All orders are shipped with Australia Post at a super low, flat rate shipping fee of just $5. Retail orders over $80 qualify for

    free shipping! for more info visit: compatible pods australia

    ReplyDelete