Monday, August 23, 2010

I wouldn't do an Aamir again: Rajeev Khandelwal



His debut as Aamir, a young Indian Muslim who struggles to survive in a pitiless and unforgiving city might have fetched him critical accolades, but Rajeev Khandelwal says he wouldn't like to do a similar role again.
   
"If given a chance I wouldn't repeat an Aamir-like role. I don't want to tread the same path. I want to do something new, something different, something challenging," the 34-year old actor told PTI.
    
"The only time you would probably catch me repeating a role is when it comes to a matter of survival," he jokingly added.
    
Although popular for his role in the 2008 suspense film Aamir and his roles in television serials like Kahin To HogaCID and Left Right Left it was the controversial Sach Ka Saamna, the Indian version of US reality show The Moment of Truth which really shot him to fame.
    
"I can tell for a fact that the only thing that I would probably not hesitate doing again is Sach Ka Saamna because for me the show was left incomplete. It got over too fast, before I could feel that I had reached a saturation point," said the actor.
    
Khandelwal dismisses suggestions that the show was "too fast" for a conservative nation like India.
    
"The show came to India at the right time. How else would you explain its popularity and the TRPs it garnered? People even in remote villages recognise me be for being part of the show," said Rajeev.
    
Asked about his disappearance from Bollywood post his debut with Aamir, the actor said, "People haven't seen me for a while in Bollywood because Peter, my second film got delayed. The release date is yet to be announced. I've also played a part in Will you marry me? which will release in a couple of months."
    
Despite being in front of the camera for years now, first as a television actor, then as a model and now as an actor, Khandelwal saidd that he still felt nervous when the camera was directed at him.
    
Acting, modelling, what next?
    
"I would probably take up directing and somewhere along the line I am thinking of writing an autobiography," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment