Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How Band Baaja Baaraat saved Ranveer Singh


How Band Baaja Baaraat saved Ranveer SinghRanveer Singh plays the role of Delhi boy Bittoo Sharma in his debut outing Band Baaja Baaraat. However, in real life he is from Mumbai and not many are aware that when he was signed by Yash Raj Films for this light hearted entertainer, he wasn't going through the best of the times in his personal life

.”My parents were actually going through a financial crunch at that time”, remembers Ranveer who could well be looking at a turnaround for his family post the release of Band Baaja Baaraat, “I am sure that ideally they would have wanted me to work in a far more stable job. There was this sense of uncertainty around my career but still they remained supportive.”

Ranveer was further hit by the fact that due to global recession, there were not many films which were being made during his last 2-3 years of struggle.

“There were no auditions coming up and I was pretty much staring at the bottom of the barrel. I gave myself a time frame and said to myself that if things didn't quite work out in
that duration, I would start pursuing other options.”

It wasn't a filmy turnaround for him though with things falling in his platter all of a sudden and him being given the choice of picking and choosing.

Instead, the period of struggle continued and all that Ranveer had was his parents to turn back to.”My parents stood by me and said that to me that since acting was my dream, I had to stick on to that.

Those were bad days and things weren't quite improving. I could have well packed my bags as things were turning out to be quite taxing”, Ranveer turns emotional here, “It was just the right time when Band Baaja Baaraat came to me. It was an exhilarating moment for my entire family.

I can never forget what my parents did for me when no one knew whether I would actually be able to make it.”

Now that the film is ready, Ranveer can look back at the entire episode with a smile on his face. Starring Anushka Sharma as the leading lady, Band Baaja Baaraat has been directed by debutant and is all set for 10th December release.

No comments:

Post a Comment