Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ashmit and I are just friends: Veena



Veena Malik's intimacy with Ashmit Patel in the Bigg Boss house set the TRPs soaring, but it wasn't enough for her as the controversial Pakistani beauty says she wanted to be more naughty on the reality show, but decided otherwise.

"Ash-mit is a sweetheart. He's my buddy. If there was anything more between us, I'm bold enough to admit it. But there's nothing beyond friendship between us," Veena, who is single and is waiting for her prince charming, said in an interview.

"Trust me, I wanted to do a lot of mischievous things on 'Bigg Boss'. But I restrained myself. I never thought of a Bollywood career. It will be a matter of great pride for me if anyone will think I fit in among the Indian beauties. Pamela Anderson told me I'm a warrior. So I'd like to do an action-comedy role in Bollywood," she added.

Excerpts from an interview:

Ques: Veena Malik, what are you all about?

Veena: Ha ha. This is me! It isn't an act. This is the way I am. You saw me on 'Bigg Boss' - how could I keep up an act for such a long time? The fact that the people in India have liked me so much, makes me so happy.

Ques: You recently came into the limelight with an outburst of controversies. What have you set out to achieve in your life?

Veena: I've never planned anything in my life. By god's grace people gave me so much love over here. Trust me, I'm honoured. This is my achievement...that people in India gave me love. Right now I'll go back to Lahore to do a show for a leading news channel. I came here with a message of peace and love.

Ques: You've a very Indian name. 

Veena
: Yes (laughs), I am glad I am called Veena. People often wonder whether I am a Pakistani or a Hindustani. When I started my career in Pakistan, people thought I was an Indian girl.

Ques: You have performed comic roles in Pakistani films? What plans for Bollywood? 

Veena
: Trust me, I wanted to do a lot of mischievous things on Bigg Boss. But I restrained myself. I never thought of a Bollywood career. There are so many beautiful actresses here and I am their fan. It will be a matter of great pride for me if anyone will think I fit in among the Indian beauties. Pamela Anderson told me I'm a warrior. So I'd like to do an action-comedy role in Bollywood.

Ques: What's the status of your relationship with Ashmit Patel?

Veena
Ash-mit is very important to me. Believe me, he gave me tremendous emotional support. But let me tell you, all the gossip linking me with Hrishant Goswami and Ashmit is untrue. Hrishant wasn't even a friend. I admire him for being a good looking man. I'm the kind of woman who can never go by without complimenting a good looking man. I liked him. But that's it.

As for Ash-mit, he's a sweetheart. He's my buddy. If there was anything more between us, I'm bold enough to admit it. But there's nothing beyond friendship between us. Agar hamari zindagi rahi to hum phir milenge.

Ques: So, who's the special man in your life?

Veena: Right now I'm single waiting. I am waiting anxious for that special entry in my life by someone special.

Ques: Do you regret your expose on your former cricketer boyfriend Mohammad Asif?

Veena: I don't want to go into too many details. But I will say this. I went out of my way for him. Whatever he did or said about me about our personal relationship, I didn't mind. But what he did with the emotions of thousands of cricket lovers by cheating crores, I couldn't tolerate that. I'd have never opened my mouth about what he did to me on a personal level. But I can't forgive him for what he did to the country. Even today I stand by my expose.

Ques: What are your plans now?

Veena: Please believe me, I did't go on Bigg Boss for the money. The prize money is meaningless to me. Allah ka diya hua mere paas bahut kuch hai. I am a woman of plenty. I came to India and Bigg Boss to spread the message of love. It was being said before me that artistes from across the border had no acceptance or support in India. I've disproved that. I'll always be happy to return to India any time. My visa expires now in a few days. So I've to return to Pakistan. But I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment