Monday, December 27, 2010

I will never want my show to stoop down: SRK




The TV industry today might be inundated with regular notifications, criticisms and controversies for its reality show content but Shah Rukh Khan, who is making his comeback on the small screen as the host of Zor Ka Jhatka on Imagine TV, says his will be a dignified show, just like the superstar himself.

"I might joke around, fool around with my loved ones, entertain people at length. Sometimes they misinterpret it but I believe I am a dignified person. I am a dignified husband, a father, a brother, a son-in-law," Shah Rukh told IANS in an interview here.

"I will never want my show to stoop down to a level where I feel ashamed of it. I will never do or let any kind of misbehaviour rule my show just for TRP ratings as people say."

The 45-year-old has earlier hosted shows like Kaun Banega Crorepati (2007) and Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain? (2008) and people loved him for his natural wit and humour that had audiences in splits.

Last month, the information and broadcasting ministry cracked down on two shows - Bigg Boss and Rakhi Ka Insaaf - by issuing directives to change their telecast timings following viewers' complaints about vulgar content being proliferated through them.

Shah Rukh's new show is the Indian edition of the internationally popular Wipeout.

Zor Ka Jhatka will see 28 TV stars battling it out in an obstacle course set in Argentina and the superstar also claimed he will stand as an apostle of love and peace to curb eventual male egos on the show.

"Fights on my show are a little dicey to see. I am a love maker and not a fight maker. And if they do, I will stand as a peacemaker then," he said in his trademark dimpled smile with visible ripples around his cheeks.

Asked about his competitive strategy to tackle other celebrity hosts on the small screen, he said: "Till the time competition is healthy everything works perfect. Everybody is doing their job and are giving it their best shot."

"My competition is with myself and not any celebrity. I truly believe that I do a good job, I work very hard and I will keep working hard. And that is what is of concern to me," he added in his nonchalant King Khan manner.

So will the host perform any adventure sports too?

"The first thing that I made clear to the channel was that please don't make me go there and do any of those sports. They want me to do a promo where I need to do some of the activities, but I'm not looking forward to it. Getting dipped in mud, drenched out in dirty water - I can't take that humiliation. But lets see," he quipped.

The show will go on air in January next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment