Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Neither me nor Brad are joining politics, says Angelina Jolie





She is a Hollywood superstar and world renowned humanitarian, a seemingly perfect combination for a career in politics but Angelina Jolie has rubbished rumours that she is eyeing a stint in White House.

Jolie, one of the most influential celebrities in tinseltown along with partner Brad Pitt, believes that she will not be taken seriously because of her wild past, which includes lesbian flings and two divorces.

"Not directly, no. And with my life, well, I'm not sure that I would be taken seriously and get stuff done," said the 35-year-old in an interview to Daily Mail.

Jolie said that America likes its politicians to be squeaky clean and her past would raise a few eyebrows.

"Yeah, although I would rather have somebody who has experienced a lot of life-making decisions and at least the skeletons have already been let out of my closet," said the actress who is now raising a family of six with Pitt.

Jolie, whose trademark lips and chiselled cheekbones have made her a pin-up said that she will never go under the knife but she's not about to judge those who have.

"I haven't had anything done and I don't think I will. But if it makes somebody happy then that's up to them. I'm not in somebody else's skin to know what makes them feel better about themselves. But I don't plan to do it myself," said Jolie.

The Jolie Pitt Foundation has donated millions of the couple's own money to the causes they care about, including Doctors Without Borders and Global Action For Children, in Third World countries. Angelina continues to work as a humanitarian ambassador for the UN.

It was earlier reported that Pitt, a committed environmentalist and green campaigner, was considering entering politics and would run for president at some point in the future, probably 2016.

"Well, that's news to me. He'd green up the White House pretty quickly. But I think he's a little busy for that," said Jolie.

No comments:

Post a Comment