Friday, January 28, 2011

Veena Malik ends her engagement


LAHORE: Veena Malik is back in the news but this time for personal reasons. The model-turned-actor announced her breakup with her fiance, Faisal Akbar Khan on Thursday.
Many link this break up to Malik’s friendship with Ashmit Patel but the actor has a different story to tell. While talking to The Express Tribune she said, “I called up Faisal and told him that I can no longer marry him. I told him that I am breaking the engagement as I have to focus on my career. We couldn’t develop an understanding and there was no use in dragging this engagement any further.”

Khan is a businessman based in New York and is a family friend of Malik. The two got engaged in October last year after cricketer Mohammad Asif broke up with Malik and got married.
The actor said, “Faisal proposed to me quite a long time ago but I didn’t accept. After my break up with Asif, my parents asked me to marry him and I couldn’t resist.
I gave our relationship time but we couldn’t reach an understanding so I amicably called him up and told that I cannot marry him.”
However Malik did not reveal when she did plan on getting married. When asked about her relationship with Patel she stood by her previous stance and said, “I have always said he is just my friend. We have a good relationship and that’s all there is to it.”
Published in The Express Tribune, January 28th,  2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment