Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sameera: I never work in 'aaya-gaya' films





In her 8 year long career, Sameera Reddy has been seen in only 10 Hindi films. Now that's quite a miniscule number for an actress who showed quite some promise when she started off and has always been known for her immense sex appeal and ability to make heads turn. One wonders what made her so choosy about the films that she does when she could have signed quite a few projects in a flurry.


"That's because I have never ever done films where it is necessary for me to show that 'hey, I am here so look at me'", says Sameera who was last seen in DE DANA DAN, "Offers do come for all actors but then it is up to you that what do you pick and choose. Do you want to do most of the films that come your way or do you want to do only something which makes remember you even years after the films have released?"

In case of Sameera, the argument indeed holds good, well for quite a few films at the least. Starting her career with MAINE DIL TUJHKO DIYA (2002), she has ever since then made an impact with MUSAFIR, TAXI NO. 9211, RACE and ONE TWO THREE.



"Since each of these names stands out, I guess my decision to do only few films is justified", she smiles, "See, for me films are not a matter of 'aaya-gaya' affairs. I don't sign those projects where no one knows what the hell they were all about. I am greedy actor. It is quality which is most important for me. That's the kind of roadmap I have set for myself."

With an award winning RED ALERT - THE WAR WITHIN up for release, we would soon know whether the road map is indeed being followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment