Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bipasha's surprise almost got killed before it happened


Bipasha`s surprise almost got killed before it happenedBipasha Basu celebrated Durga Puja in Kolkata with her parents, along with a surprise birthday party for her mom on Saturday.

The actress, who has returned to Mumbai, notes, "I haven't been able to visit Kolkata during Durga Puja for the last seven years now.

So, I wanted to surprise mom by landing with John on her birthday."

But that was not to be. Her beau John Abraham's bike accident case came up for hearing and he couldn't make the trip. Moreover, Bips' surprise almost got killed before it happened.

She says, "Mom wasn't supposed to know but a TV channel got wind and mom called to ask if it was true.

I had to deny it because I had planned a surprise party for her. My sisters Bidisha and Bijoyeta were also told not to tell her anything. They came to pick me up at the airport."

When the actress came home, her mother was at the local pandal. "My sisters asked mom to come home to cut the birthday cake, I popped out and she screamed with joy.

She was thrilled to see me! All our relatives had come over. It was grand meeting all my aunts, uncles and cousins."

That's not the only surprise she had planned. "I have planned a party inviting all mom's friends in Kolkata.

I bought a lovely set of uncut diamonds for her from Mumbai. It's a necklace with matching earrings. Mom loves to dress up and this set looks regal. She loved it!"

Bips got nostalgic. "I visited the local puja near my home and met all our neighbours. My elder sister Bidisha dressed me up in a saree (I don't know how to wear one).

Our domestic help, Jornadi, who has been with us for 25 years, whipped up a storm of my fav Bengali dishes. She cooked prawn malai curry, fish kaalia, cholar daal, potato and cauliflower curry and payesh.

In fact, I brought back three plastic bags full of food and sweets as mom insisted I take some back with me. It's embarrassing but I will have a feast in Mumbai again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment