Monday, October 18, 2010

Rapper T.I. Sentenced to 11 months in jail





Grammy winning rapper T.I. will soon be back behind bars after being sentenced to 11 months in prison for violating probation following his marijuana arrest on September 1.

The 'Got Your Back' hitmaker was given the sentence during a court hearing in Atlanta on Friday, with District Judge Charles Pannell Jr. declaring that the rapper "has had the limit of second chances", reported Ace Showbiz online.

During the hearing, the rapper said, "I screwed up. I screwed up bigtime, and I'm sorry. I'm truly and sincerely sorry. I don't want and I don't need to use drugs anymore. I want them out of my life."

Prosecutor Sally Yates who had requested for a two-year sentence, said that the rapper submitted two diluted urine samples before his arrest and lied about five pills of ecstasy found in his pants pocket when he was arrested.

Meanwhile, defence attorney Steve Sadow asked judge Pannell Jr. to sentence T.I. to six months' home confinement and allow him to be admitted into an inpatient rehabilitation programme instead of the jail sentence.

T.I. will begin his prison stint at a later date. The rapper was already on probation for gun charges stemming from an arrest in 2007. He completed his prison sentence for those charges in December 2009.

The rapper was arrested along with his wife Tameka Cottle in September for possesion of drugs during a traffic stop when a cop smelled the odour of marijuana coming from their car. T.I. and Tameka are parents to six children.

They have two children together, sons Clifford King, 4 and Major Philant, 2; Messiah Ya''Majesty, 8 and Domani Uriah, 7 from TI''s ex-girlfriend Lashon Dixon; Tameka''s daughter Zonnique and TI''s daughter Deyjah from a previous relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment