Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Salman Khan Firing At Shahrukh: Koffee With Karan

A Sunday, actor Shah Rukh Khan uncovered his heart in a unaccompanied appearance on Koffee With Karan Season 3, a celebrity gossip show on TV, hosted by producer-director-fashion designer Karan Johar.

SRK said that day:


“If things are not great between Salman and me, I think it’s my fault.”

But in response Salman, who is also doing BIG BOSS 5, said:

“Shah Rukh and I can’t patch up. If he was really sorry or felt that whatever happened was his fault, he could have always walked up to my house, knocked on my door and said whatever he had to say. He could have even called or messaged me in private. But it’s no point going on national television and making statements. It was too dramatic. After this, I don’t ever want to patch up with him.”

In a chat show segments on Star World, Johar even inquired Shah Rukh if he’d pick up the phone if it flashed “Salman Khan calling”, to which Khan said yes, but only if he was near the phone. Given their current relationship status, would Salman call Shah Rukh?

According to Salman:

“Even if he wants or doesn’t want to pick up the phone, I don’t think I’m ever going to call him.”

“After his tear-jerking drama on TV, which I guess was more for eyeballs, TRPs and sympathy than anything else. There’s no way I will ever call him.”

“Arrey, I asked Karan to donate a decent amount to my Being Human charity.”

Salman says, with a wink :

“Whatever I’ve quoted is a miniscule amount for a big guy like him. Once he does that, I’ll shoot for the show.”

The actors first had a face-off of sorts on the sets of SRK’s Chalte Chalte, after which Aishwarya Rai, Salman’s then girlfriend, was swapped with Rani Mukherji. The two subsequently made up at common friend Farah Khan’s wedding.

Their next verbal duel happened two years ago, at actor Katrina Kaif’s birthday party at a Bandra nightspot with almost the entire industry on the guest list. Ever since, the Khans haven’t spoken to or worked with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment