Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kangna: People want to see me in comic roles



Kangna would soon be seen in ONCE UPON A TIME IN MUMBAAI. Meanwhile she has already completed shooting for TANU WEDS MANU - a light hearted entertainer with Madhavan and Jimmy Shergill. Also, her biggie NO PROBLEM, a complete laugh riot directed by Anees Bazmee, is all set for 3rd December release. After a spate of tough dramatic roles, has it been a conscious call on Kangna's part to be working predominantly in light hearted films now?

view ONCE UPON A TIME IN MUMBAAI videos



"See, I do movies for people who like my work and entertain them accordingly. I did what came to me", says Kangna who has many other films lined up for release, "Of course I would love to do all kind of cinema. However, I also have to play those characters that people want. Off late, I have been getting a lot of fan mails and I could gauge from there that they wanted to see me in comic roles. This is why my newer crop of films has a strong comic element to them."

A year and a half back, Kangna Ranaut was riding with a hat trick of successful films in the form of RAAZ - THE MYSTERY CONTINUES, FASHION and LIFE IN A METRO. Then came a couple of special appearances in VAADA RAHA... I PROMISE and KITES that threatened to pull her back to an extent. This was the time when she not just signed NO PROBLEM and TANU WEDS MANU but also ONCE UPON A TIME IN MUMBAAI, KNOCK OUT and GAME. Doesn't Kangna feel that her films could have been spaced out a little better?

CHECK OUT: Kangna Ranaut reinvents herself yet again for Balaji's OUATIM

"Actually I don't mind that at all", she smiles, "The long break that in between was not supposed to happen. Everything happened due to recession followed by multiplex v/s producers stand off strike that made everything go haywire. The situation I am in today is something that is impacting most other people in the industry. It's ok."

Well, it would be interesting to see how Kangna balances her time beginning ONCE UPON A TIME IN MUMBAAI which releases on 30th July. Post the release of this Milan Luthria directed film, Kangna would have KNOCK OUT (September), NO PROBLEM (December) and GAME (January) arriving one after another with TANU WEDS MANU in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment