Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lily Allen seeks for her life's purpose

Lily Allen seeks for her life LOS ANGELES: Lily Allen usually thinks that her life is meaningless and thus decided to seek for its purpose.

The English recording artist, who is currently on a break from the music industry to have a baby, recently went to the Brazilian forest to learn about deforestation because she feels that her life doesn't have "a lot of substance".

"A lot of my life is very vacuous. It doesn't have a lot of substance and I guess I feel it's a bit pointless. And, yes, coming here makes me feel I can put my fame to good use. I'm not pretending to know everything and I don't understand this as well as I should, but I'm here to get my head around it," she said.

Allen also confessed that she dislikes celebrities' "glossy" look and considers her actions as a personal challenge to move away from that stereotype.

"I see it as my responsibility to be like that. There are always pictures in the papers, but you can't wear make-up all the time, and if you do, just because you are famous... well, I don't think it's a very good message to send," she told You magazine.

Allen's trip to the rainforest is a part of the Sky Rainforest Rescue project that seeks to acquire information to help tackle deforestation.

No comments:

Post a Comment