Friday, July 9, 2010

With no films, Amitabh Bachchan back to hosting KBC







Amitabh Bachchan was in his humourous best at a press conference to announce the return of highly popular reality show, Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC). The veteran actor is back as the host of the show, which will now be aired on Sony TV. He hosted the first two editions of the show while the third edition was hosted by Shahrukh Khan.

Amitabh said, "I wasn't offered KBC 3. This time, Sony came up to me and asked me to do the show and I took it up."

view AMITABH BACHCHAN at KAUN BANEGS CROREPATI 4 PRESS MEET picture gallery



Amitabh was all praises for Shahrukh Khan, who hosted KBC 3. "Shahrukh Khan was excellent when he hosted the show. I think the show worked really well," said the 67-year-old Amitabh.

It was reported that Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan were also being considered to host the show. So does Amitabh feel that he has beaten the young actors in the race to host the show? "No one works with the intention of defeating others. They have their own standing in the market and they are excellent. I respect them for the work that they are doing."

The actor's film schedule won't take a backseat because of KBC. "I have no films currently. I will only do TV now. It's a great thing that I'm getting work in TV at least."

When someone asked him to clarify his comments made on RAAVAN's editing, Amitabh's witty reply was, "I will put this question on KBC with four options."

No comments:

Post a Comment