Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Elton John announces retirement





Singing superstar Elton John has announced that he will never put out a single again as he cannot compete with young talent like Lady Gaga.

The man behind classics like Rocket Man, Your Song and Candle in the Wind, said that he will continue with "little side projects", reported GQ magazine online.

The 63-year-old said that he has reached a stage where he does not want to do pop anymore but neither can he go over to the rock genre.

"Look, I'm 63. I don't want to be on VH1 or MTV. I'm not going to compete with JLS or Lady Gaga. I'm at that stage where I don't think I can write pop music any more. I can't sit down and do a proper rock song. It was OK when I was 25 or 26, but not any more," said John.

The singer formed half of one of pop's most successful partnerships with lyricist Bernie Taupin in 1967 and has sold more than 250 million records in a career spanning five decades.

"I've made 40-odd albums. People aren't screaming for another Elton John record and I'm not screaming to make another record," said the hitmaker.



No comments:

Post a Comment