Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Koyna takes a rainbow walk at a Gay Pride march


Koyna takes a rainbow walk at a Gay Pride march The actress took part in the Gay Pride march in Chicago

Koyna Mitra celebrated Halloween for the first time yesterday, in Chicago. Apart from dressing up in costume, she also attended the annual LA Gay Pride march.

The actress who has been staying in the US for the last few months, was back in Mumbai for a short break last week, but flew back just in time for the 'trick or treat' festival.

Excited

The actress recalls, "I had a blast partying non-stop for 48 hours at my friend's house party in Chicago at Hollywood Hills. Then we moved to the open street party, where everyone mingles. It was my first ever Halloween and I was really excited about dressing up."

Sweet Poison

Koyna calls her look 'sweet poison'. "I had big hair with feathers coming out that looked like a bird nest on my head. I also wore huge eyelashes, long nails and super high heels. The colours were blue and black.

I wanted to go for a stylish look that is also courageous and bold. Someone suggested I have a black tongue but I wasn't yet ready for something so daring. It was amazing to see people wear the most outrageous costumes ever."

About walking in famous Santa Monica Boulevard for the Gay Pride march, she says, "It's an iconic event that has people from all over the world coming to the city to witness. It's a huge carnival with so many different colours and people in daring ensembles. I went with my girlfriends and we partied and danced till early morning."

Cel: Original pride supporter

Celina Jaitly has been supporting gay rights in Mumbai for the last few years. She even walked the Queer Azadi march in the city for the last two years. A strong advocate of gay rights, Celina is the unofficial ambassador for the gay movement in Mumbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment