Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anushka considers herself lucky


   Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma recently walked the ramp for an event in the capital. When asked about her experience of walking the ramp, she says

, "I was very comfortable wearing the outfit, but honestly speaking I was very nervous when I started walking the ramp.

It was after a long time that I was walking the ramp. The moment I stepped on the ramp I saw the crowd cheering clapping and shouting and that left me felt a bit nervous. But the most memorable moment was when I saw myself leading the other senior models on the ramp. It reminded me of my modelling days when I would follow the senior models on the ramp and this time I was leading the way."

Anushka who is waiting for the release of her next movie " Patiala House" sounded all excited about her role in the movie and shares her experience of working with international cricketers on the sets. Anushka confesses, "It was a mind blowing experience for me to shoot for " Pataila House". It was a different experience altogether to act along with international cricketers and commentators. We were shooting at Oval stadium in London, and I enjoyed standing along with the cricketers in the open stadium. Frankly, I have no knowledge about cricketers but when I was asked to shoot along with some international cricketers I didn't want to miss the chance. I really enjoyed shooting with them on the sets. In fact my brother, Karnesh Sharma, who used to play under 19 in the Bangalore Ranji team, pestered me to take him for the shooting. He is crazy about cricket, unlike me. So, he was there along with me during the shoot just to watch all the live action that was happening on the field."

Having shared the screen with most of the top Bollywood actors like Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar very early on in her career, Anushka considers herself lucky. She admits, "I'm fortunate and lucky to have worked with all top actors of Bollywood. Despite being such a big actor, Akshay made me feel very comfortable throughout the shoot. We would have loads of fun during the shoot. But the greatest excitement was my interaction with yesteryear's hottest couple – Rishi Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia – during the shoot of the movie. I'd never thought that I would get an opportunity to work with such legendary stars." Talking about her interaction with Rishi Kapoor, she says, "He is such a sweet and down to earth person. We got along very well from day one of the shoot. I have watched " Bobby" many times and since then I have been a big fan of Rishiji."

Ask her about her dream role and she excitedly says, "I don't think many may agree to what I would say. But I honestly feel if there would be a remake of the movie " Dil Se" then I would love to essay Manisha's role in the film. It is unfortunate that the movie did not send cash registers ringing at the box-office, but according to me, it is one of the most beautiful romantic movies to be made in Bollywood."

Next, Anushka is busy shooting for the movie " Band Baaje Baarat", a Yash Raj film where she will be starring opposite a newcomer - Ranvir. She says, "It is a Yash Raj movie and I'm highly excited about being part of the Yash Raj family, yet again. Moreover, it would be a great challenge for me to act with a new actor."

No comments:

Post a Comment