Thursday, August 26, 2010

Salman Khan celebrates Raksha Bandhan with sisters


   On the eve of Raksha Bandhan, Salman Khan and his family got together at Galaxy apartments in Bandra for the usual ritual of tying the rakhi. Every year they have a

small puja in the morning. Sister Alvira and Arpita dressed traditionally tie rakhi to all three brothers Salman, Arbaaz and Sohail Khan. Post that Salman visits Alvira’s residence in the evening for a family dinner.

Ask Alvira what gift she got from brother Salman on the occasion and she says, “What gift can I expect from my brother. His protectiveness and his love are the best gifts. All small materialistic gifts come and go which we get anyways. My biggest gift is my brother being there for me all the time”.

In whichever part of the world Salman shoots, he always makes it a point to be at home during Raksha Bandhan. The festival means a lot to the actor who chooses to spend time with his family. Also Salman Khan chooses to be at home at other important festivals like Eid, Diwali and Christmas. “All festivals are important to me”, says Salman. “I try and make it a point to be at home during all the festivals. Raksha Bandhan is special to me and I am there for my sisters always”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment